When you receive the box w/the bike, there is a label that reminds you that you must retighten the crank arms before use. If you have not done so, there is a real possibility that the threads on the crank arm will wear out. The shaft may also consequently be worn.
The crank arms MUST be tightened before the bicycle is used, and after the first ride (max. 40 km).The crank arms should be tightened approximately 50Nm.
Furthermore, crank arms and pedals must be retightened as required.
Worn threads and crank arms are not covered by warranty, but can be purchased by e-mail or in the online store. If the customer does not want to buy new, locktite is a real option.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Long time storage electrical bike
- Display does not show speed
- Squeaking in the shaft system/crank
- Is moisture damage covered by warranty?
- Error code: Error 21
- Gear system and gear switcher is broken as a consequential damage after the dropout brok, is this covered by warranty?
- What to do if the crank arms won`t go off the bike
- The crank armes have loosened, what do I do?
- What is improper use and storage of a bicycle ?
- Wear parts are not covered by warranty, among other, wear parts are: