There are several categories that fall under improper use - and storage of bicycles. Some of the most important points that are important to have control over are:
1. Use of a bicycle when the display does not show speed.
Using a bicycle when the display does not show speed results in the bicycle riding without speed control, which in the worst case can damage the engine.
2. Storage in adverse climates when the bicycle is not in use:
Storing electrical components outdoors is a self-written recipe for defecting electrical components. A rough climate with changing weather and wind conditions eats away at the electronics on the bike, and if the bike is stationed for long periods without the bike getting to work, electronics (and as far as the engine) may be damaged. In addition, many of the mechanical components are made of materials that are oxidized in contact with moisture over time. This means that, among other things, rust and corrosion can occur.
The bicycle should preferably be left in an indoor, dry, hot climate to lower the probability of various problems.
3. Use of bicycle in inappropriate terrain
The use of bicycles in inappropriate terrain leads to enormous challenges for, among other things, frames, locking mechanisms, electronics. If, for example, a Randolph (city bike) is used in challenging forest terrain that basically requires dampers (Jason, All terrain etc), the bike frame can suffer compression damage.
Improper use - and storage are not covered by the warranty.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Long time storage electrical bike
- Display does not show speed
- Squeaking in the shaft system/crank
- Is moisture damage covered by warranty?
- Error code: Error 21
- Gear system and gear switcher is broken as a consequential damage after the dropout brok, is this covered by warranty?
- What to do if the crank arms won`t go off the bike
- The crank armes have loosened, what do I do?
- What is improper use and storage of a bicycle ?
- Wear parts are not covered by warranty, among other, wear parts are: